Coconut is lovingly used in Asia for a number of recipes, and in parts of South East Asia, it is expansively added as a complete flavoring ingredient. Coconut cookies are easy to make and can be used as a tasty snack between the meals. Check the recipe and get the below ingredients in place.
Ingredients: 150 grams butter, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 egg, 150 grams castor sugar, 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
How to get started?
- Take a deep bowl with the butter and melt it with a spoon at room temperature.
- Add the castor sugar to the butter mix and use a hand blender to turn it into a smooth paste.
- Add the egg to the mixture and use the blender one more time to ensure fluffiness.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut and flour together, and add the mix to the butter-egg mix.
- Mix all the ingredients together with the blender. You can choose to mix it with a spoon, but for the right mixture consistency, using a blender is recommended. Do not overdo the mixture, just blend once after adding the coconut.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
- Use the batter to roll small cookies with your hand. Place the cookies on a tray with a silicon sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees, and bake the cookies till nice and brown.
Coconut powder can be used for the recipe if you cannot find fresh coconut, although the latter has a flavor of its own. Happy cooking!