Agasojos is Mexican hot chocolate, which has the flavor of chili and cinnamon all together. It a popular drink in Mexico and very easy to make. So let’s get started now!
Milk: 4 cups
Rosewater: 1 teaspoon
Saffron thread: 1 pinch
Cinnamon: 1 stick
Chili: 1 (dried)
Vanilla: 1 pod
Semisweet chocolate: 4 ounces (grated)
Sugar: ¼ cup
Orange zest: ½ orange
• Take a medium-sized pot and mix all the ingredients mentioned above in it. Do not add chocolate yet.
• Put the pot on heat and allow it to boil and reduce.
• If you don’t like spices then you can remove the chili and cinnamon stick from the pan at an early stage. But if you like spicy drink then let it be there till the end.
• Let the above mixture simmer for a few minutes (give it a good 2 to 4 minutes boil) and then add chocolate into it.
• Now with the help of a whisk combine the chocolate with it and then drain out all the things floating.
• Serve hot.