It is hard to come up with a meal that can be called the best. However, once in our lives we come across foods that can only be described to be as sweet as heaven. Below is the recipe for a kind of beef stew that is easy to make and yet one of the most delicious ones that you will ever taste.
1½ pounds of cubed beef stew meat
Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
One bulb onion, finely chopped
¼ cup of all-purpose flour
4 cups of diced potatoes
2 cups of diced carrots
1 (10.75 ounces) can of beefy mushroom soup
Two tablespoons of cornstarch
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon of pepper
- Using a large stockpot, cook the cubed meat in oil until it browns. Add the onions and sprinkle with the flour. Stir until the flour is well incorporated.
- Fill the stockpot with water up to your preferred level. The water level will vary according to the consistency of the stew that you desire. Let the meat cook until it is tender. The cooking can take about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once the meat is tender, add the potatoes, carrots, and beefy mushroom soup. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch in cold water. Stir the mixture into the soup and leave it to simmer. Check to see if you have achieved the consistency of thickness that you desire. If not, mix some more cornstarch in some water and add into the soup. Heat it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste, then stir. Leave it for about a minute.
- It is now ready to serve.
The stew can be a meal by itself and will require no accompaniments. Serve while hot.